Already mentioned in the post on June 15, 2014, about the Deutsche Lehrerbücherei (german teacher library), the Deutsches Schulmuseum (german school museum) is the foundation name, applied in 1876, of what today is called the Bibliothek für Bildungsgeschichtliche Forschung (library for the research on the history of education). The Museums’ collection mainly contained lendable education material for teachers. The word “museum” is therefore used in a different context than we use it in our time, that is to say more close to what we would call a library.
A closer look at the stamp shows the stamp’s antique pattern, which later has been reused when the Deutsches Schulmuseum changed its name into Deutsche Lehrer-Bücherei in 1908. The rectangle stamp with the numerus currens on the right is a witness of this later period.