This book has apparently been part of one of the institutional libraries of the Carl Zeiss Jena company, in Jena (Thüringen). The Carl Zeiss Jena incorporation is one of the most well-known and still succesful German manufacturer in the field of optics, industrial measurements and medical devices. The creation of the company library in Jena dates from 1905, when the physician Ernst Abbe, a friend of Carl Zeiss, offered his private scientific collection to the Carl Zeiss Jena Company. Today, the library is part of an University of Applied Sciences. The current book has been eliminated from the collection and incorporated in Berlin.
The stamp has the form of the old company logo and is not printed on the cover page, but on the inside of the cover page. This logo is as well part of the Carl Zeiss Football Club in Jena.