Founded in 1901, the “Stadtbücherei” (today “Stadtbibliothek”) is the public library of the city of Stuttgart. Consisting today of 15 branches, it started with one branch, run by a public society. Still, this stamp, used in the 1920s, shows a close connection to the city itself and the understanding of the library as a institution of the city itself. It’s headed by the name of the city (“Stadt”), followed by a stylised city arms and only then by the name of the library itself.
Today, this book can be found in the open stacks of the (new) central library (opened 2012), but at one point it was placed in the magazin. This is indicated by the smaller stamp “Magazin” above the library stamp itself.